With the launch of the Steam Link app, we now have a way to play our PlayStation 4 games on our mobile devices. It’s a bit difficult, but the PS4 allows you to transmit your games to your PC, and with Steam Link beta, it’s easy to transmit them to your mobile device.
Step by step instructions
- First, follow the instructions to set up your Stream Link application.
- Follow Sony’s instructions to set up the remote game on your computer.
- Start the Remote Play application so you can see the screen of your PS4 on your computer.
- Start the Stream Link application.
- Press Start playing. The computer screen will load in Steam’s Big Picture mode.
A small warning with this particular configuration of PS4 mobile is the driver. Because the Remote Play application requires you to connect your PSX Sixaxis directly to your PC, its range may be limited. There is a wireless adapter that you can buy for remote control of your PS4 and, reportedly, it works with the remote game, but at the time of this writing, I could not confirm it.
One way to avoid this is through the use of two drivers, one to plug into the computer to recognize it and another connected to the PlayStation that can use wirelessly. This seems to work perfectly.
The necessary rings for this to work are excessive: Sony is an Android manufacturer and, technically, could make the Remote Play application work on any Android device. .